David Hornbrook, DDS, FAACD, FASDA, a gifted clinician and product researcher turned mentor, guides meeting participants to the realization that they, too, possess the ability to practice aesthetic dentistry at the very highest level. He is one of dentistry’s most famous faces and one of the pioneers of live-patient, hands-on clinical education, as the founder and past director of Pac-live and the Hornbrook Group.
He has been a guest faculty member of the post-graduate programs in Cosmetic Dentistry at Baylor, Tufts, SUNY at Buffalo, UMKC, and the UCLA Center of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Hornbrook lectures internationally on all facets of aesthetic and restorative dentistry and has published articles in all of the leading dental journals.
A prolific researcher and materials enthusiast, he consults with numerous manufacturers on product development and refinement. Dr. Hornbrook’s warm and engaging style earns him the highest possible marks from participants and meeting sponsors.
Dr. Hornbrook is among the distinguished elite as 1 of only 64 dentists throughout the world who has achieved fellowship from the esteemed American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. In 1999, Dr. Hornbrook was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award GenR8TNext for Educational Excellence. Dr. Hornbrook received the Mentor of the Year Award Crown Council in 1997. As the founder of the Hornbrook Group, Dr. Hornbrook travels around the country spreading his knowledge and love of dentistry to various dental programs.
Previously the director and Founder of PAC-live, Pacific Aesthetic Continuum, and the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, Dr. Hornbrook further enhanced the growth and quality of dentistry around the country and the world. Throughout his esteemed career, Dr. Hornbrook has trained and mentored thousands of other dentists to not only provide outstanding results but to pursue excellence in dentistry.
Dr. Hornbrook received his undergraduate degree from San Diego State University. He fulfilled his dental training and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) from the University of California, Los Angeles in 1986.
Some of Dr. Hornbrook’s most notable achievements and milestones are outlined below:
- Fellowship American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 1995
- Accreditation American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 1990
- Completed California State Examining Boards, 1986
- Completed National Board Dental Exam, 1986
- University of California, Los Angeles
DDS conferred, 1986
- San Diego State University
Bachelor of Science, 1982
- A. T. Still University, Health Sciences, Kirksville, MO
Adjunct Faculty, 2009
- University of Texas, Houston, Dental Branch
Adjunct Faculty, 2004
- University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA
Adjunct Faculty, 2003
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 1989 – Present
- American Dental Association, 1986 – Present
- California Dental Association, 1986 – Present
- San Diego County Dental Association, 1986 – Present
Editorial Board Participation
- Signature Magazine, 1999 – Present
- Practical Procedures and Esthetic Dentistry, 1998 – Present
- Esthetic Dentistry Research Group, 1994 – Present
Honors & Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award GenR8TNext for Educational Excellence, 1999
- Mentor of the Year Award Crown Council, 1997